Yes, LitExtension provides you with an opportunity to migrate passwords from and to WooCommerce under the condition that the store has default settings and no custom code modifications are included.
Note: If your store has any modifications in password settings, we can not guarantee an accurate transfer.
For some pairs of shopping carts, you will need to install LitExtension WooCommerce Passwords Migration Plugin.
What is LitExtension WooCommerce Passwords Migration Plugin?
LitExtension WooCommerce Passwords Migration Plugin allows you to migrate customer passwords from PrestaShop, Magento and OpenCart to WooCommerce. The plugin is free to download and can be activated in a few simple steps before or after the migration. Below we’ll show you two ways
- Install a Plugin using Upload Method in WordPress Admin Panel
- Get LitExtension WooCommerce Passwords Migration Plugin in WordPress Plugin site.
- Go to your WordPress admin panel
- Click on Plugin > Add New. Then click on the Upload tab
- Click on “Choose File” to browse the plugin and upload it (.zip file only). You will be taken to activate a plugin page
- When the plugin is installed, make sure to click on “Activate Plugin”
Note: We highly recommend you to keep LitExtension WooCommerce Passwords Migration Plugin activated until all of your customers log in at least once. Afterward, it can be disabled or deleted.
LitExtension does not migrate passwords from or to hosted shopping carts, like 3dcart, BigCommerce, Volusion, Shopify, etc. Instead, your clients should use the Password Recovery tool on your Target Cart to access their accounts.
In case you have any other questions, please reach out to us via: