After migrating orders to Shopify, every order moved to Target Cart (Shopify) is considered a new one. As a result, Shopify notifies you via email about the creation of the number of new orders that, in fact, were just moved from your Source Cart.
Note: Only store owners will receive those notification emails. Customers won’t get any email concerning their past orders.
Important: When you start migration with LitExtension, there will be a notification at step 1 reminding you to take necessary steps to disable notifications of new orders on Shopify before migrating data.
- In your App permission -> Custom Storefront, make sure you DO NOT select this option: Allow this app to access data from your storefront. This will prevent the App from sending emails to customers during migration.
- Check again if you have any marketing Shopify plugin (e.g. Shopify Flow, Conversion, etc.) installed and use order triggers to automate tasks. If yes, you should disable email notifications on new orders before migration to prevent sending unwanted emails to your customers. Otherwise, they’ll be spammed with irrelevant notifications of, for example: Order created, Order fulfilled, Order paid, etc.
- To disable emails that will be sent to admin, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel and go to Settings -> Notifications.
- Scroll down to the Order Notifications -> Disable.
In case you have any other questions, please reach out to us via: