After migration to Magento, it’s necessary to do data reindexing in order to make imported entities display correctly on the front end. Here’s how to reindex Magento.
How to reindex Magento 1.x?
- Log in to your Magento 1.x Admin panel
- Go to System → Index Management → press Select All
- Pick “Reindex Data” from the Action dropdown and click Submit
- Go to System → Cache Management → press Select All and Submit
- Then, click Flush Magento Cache
Then you need to clear your store’s cache. In your Admin panel:
How to reindex Magento 2.x?
First of all, Connect to your Magento 2.x store via SSH. Then, follow the instructions below:
- In command line, go to the folder that contains your shop
- Step to your Magento 2 Store’s root directory
- Reindex data using this command
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
- Resize product images to fit your Magento’s template by using this command
php bin/magento catalog:images:resize
- Then, you need to clear your store’s cache. Use this command to do that
php bin/magento cache:flush
Don’t forget to visit LitExtension Blog for more shopping cart migration tutorials!
In case you have any other questions, please reach out to us via: