What is Connector?
LitExtension Connector files are used to establish a connection between your shopping carts and make the data exchange possible. They are special access gateways that are completely secured by unique Security Tokens bounded to your personal account and provided by LitExtension. To work correctly, the “le_connector” folder needs to be located in your store’s root folder.
How to install the Connector file?
The procedure is the same for macOS, Windows, and Linux users. You can use Filezilla or any FTP app (FileZilla, WinSCP, FileFTP, CuteFTP).
- Download Connector to your computer via our provided link.
- Upload folder “le_connector” to your Source/Target store’s root folder via FTP.
- Check the Connector file’s installation status.
Now, let’s go into more detail about each step to set up LitExtension connector:
- Step 1: Firstly, at your Migration Setup page, after filling Source/Target cart URL, download connector by clicking “Download LitExtension Connector”. You will receive a zip file.
- Step 2: Upload the folder “le_connector” to your Source/Target store via FTP. Whichever FTP client you are using (FileZilla, WinSCP, FileFTP, CuteFTP) enter the root folder of your store and paste the “le_connector” folder you extracted from the zip file previously.
- Step 3: Next, go back to the migration page, if you see the automatic message as below, it means that connector is working correctly and you can proceed with the next step of your migration.
Done! You have already installed LitExtension connector successfully. Hit next to finish your data migration with LitExtension!
If your web server is Nginx
If you are running Nginx as webserver( instead of Apache), the above steps might not get the connector working immediately. Because Nginx normally does not allow access to all PHP files, and thus requires some additional configuration for this to work. For more details you can check out this article.
In case you are still facing difficulties, we recommend asking your web developer for help.
Is there any bad effect on Source store when I install Connector?
No, there is not. Connector exists for migration purpose only. It helps migration app to copy, not modify the data you’d like to move to a target store.
With each Connector we provide a unique Security Token thus only you can access your Source store database.
And once the migration is done, it is totally safe to delete the Connector.
How to fix Connector Setup issue?
1. I’m clicking on the link but no “Connector Installed” message shown
Solution: It could be due to your permission setting upon the uploaded files and folder. You can set permissions as follows:
- 755 or 777 for “/le_connector” folder, if you are using Filezilla you can simply right click on the “/le_connector” folder in your root folder, select file permissions and set the necessary value.
- 644 (if “/le_connector” folder permission is set to 755) or 666 (if “/le_connector” folder permission is set to 777) for “connector.php”.
2. I’m clicking on the link but only get a “File not found” message?
Solution: Please make sure you have uploaded the “le_connector” folder to the correct location on your website. With most shopping carts, you just need to upload “le_connector” to the webroot folder. But some carts have been configured to use a subfolder as root folder.
For example: Magento 2: can be configured to use both webroot or webroot/pub as root folder. Please make sure you upload “le_connector” to the correct place.
3. I’m clicking on the link but just get a “File not found. Nginx version ….” message?
Solution: This shows that your webserver is running Nginx, did you check the section “If your webserver is Nginx” above?
4. Oops, it still doesn’t work?
Solution: Don’t worry, we provide 24/7 live chat support and can absolutely give a helping hand for that, just click here to “Contact Us” for further assistance.
Let’s join our community to get more eCommerce knowledge.