It’s really important to make a great impression on your customers whenever they visit your website. According to the Blue Corona statistic, 38% of online shoppers will leave a website if its appearance is unappealing. Indeed, businesses always try to create a dazzling design that can improve user experience for creating eCommerce conversions. This also applies for Shopify eCommerce store owners. Choosing the right Shopify theme for the website contributes to success.
Being one of the most prominent eCommerce platforms, Shopify offers its users with 73 nicely-designed themes on the Shopify Theme Store. Besides, the users can get their desired theme from other sources such as ThemeForest. However, picking up a Shopify theme from these sources that best suits your website isn’t an easy task.
To help you choose your ideal theme, in this article, we will suggest to you some of the top-notch choices of the best Shopify themes for your eCommerce website.
The best Shopify themes
Scroll down to discover what the best Shopify themes are and the features that contribute to their prevalence!
Let’s discover the best Shopify themes!
Minimal is a free Shopify theme that has a well-deserved reputation for its user-friendliness and great customizability on the backend.
With a clean and simple interface, Minimal is an excellent choice for beginners or companies that want to decrease visual distractions and spotlight their products.
Below are the features that Shopify offers Minimal users:
There is one notable thing is that the themes which are available on the Shopify Theme Store all have the above features. So, in this article, we will shortly call these features by Shopify theme default features.
However, users praise Minimal as one of the best Shopify themes because of not only Shopify theme default features but also its following superb attributes.
Positive response: 84% (90 reviews in total)
- Home page video: The homepage is the first experience your customers have with your store and brand. Therefore, using a homepage video helps you craft a more delightful, positive experience for visitors while also driving conversions. Come to Minimal, this theme allows users to embed a video hosted on Youtube or Vimeo to the home page.
- Product Image Zoom: Users prefer a website using zoomable product images. The reason is that they can easily visualize how your products look in detail instead of zooming the entire website.
- Cart page: Shoppers can enter notes with their order on the cart page. Whereby, you can receive special instructions from your shoppers about how to prepare and deliver the order.
District is an incredible option when searching for one of the best Shopify themes. This paid Shopify theme is a perfect option for showcasing featured products and collections.
Best suited for fashion & apparel and sports businesses, District has a gorgeous design with many functions to help customers see the finer details of your products.
Positive response: 100% (592 reviews in total)
- Shopify theme default features
- Marketing Email Popup: Popup refers to an ad displaying in a window on the same page. It helps you highlight relevant offers, products, or sales, build email lists, and recapture your customers’ attention before they leave the page.
- Color swatches: This feature allows shoppers to view a product in different available colors. Whereby, they can visualize how the product looks and choose the one they like more conveniently.
- Dedicated support: Besides outstanding UI/UX features, responsive assistance plays an important role in making District become one of the best Shopify themes. If you have any questions, you can contact the support team and they will give you the best solution as fast as possible.
“The theme is incredible, easy to use, and you can get very creative with it. That’s not even the best part. The Team behind it is awesome. You need help, they’re on it and they communicate efficiently and quickly with you. Highly recommended, you can’t go wrong.”, reviewed Ember Loft on District Shopify theme review.
Responsive is a sensational option for those in search of the best Shopify themes. Responsive will be a great assistant for the store owners who are running houseware, home, and garden businesses. With this theme, you can show how your products fit the shoppers’ house space.
Responsive is a product of Out of the sandbox, a well-known third-party Shopify theme. Users review Responsive is a technically robust and flexible theme that looks sharp across devices. What’s more, its high customizability allows you to make changes to the layout, typography and featured promotions.
Positive response: 98% (296 reviews in total)
- Shopify theme default features
- Versatile Sidebar: Responsive displays menus, a search bar, and other content on collection and blog pages in a switchable sidebar.
- Currency conversion on the top on the menu bar: Your shoppers who are not in the U.S will find it is easier to check your product price in their currency.
- Instagram Feed: You can also link your Instagram account to the Shopify account. Therefore, Instagram will display your latest posts in the news feed. This feature helps increase social proof and provides a way to gain new followers and fans.
- Wide layout: Responsive allows you to display full-width slideshows and centered focus on the menu navigation.
Another premium nominee in the list of best Shopify themes is Testament. It is developed and supported by We Are Underground, one of the top 5 theme developers in the Shopify theme store. Till now, Testament has powered more than 9.300 Shopify websites.
This theme proves itself as the best Shopify theme for different industries thanks to awesome customization ability. However, Testament most suits the healthy and beauty businesses. Indeed, the customers in these industries usually want to envision how your products improve their looks and health levels. And this is what Testament has you covered.
Positive response: 96% (266 reviews in total)
- Shopify theme default features
- Step-by-step Documentation: Testament provides detailed guidance including animated steps and lively video tutorials. This guide is a fertile source for you to customize your Testament theme.
- Product quick view: Shoppers can easily view your product details in a popup without leaving the current page. This feature can increase the time on page, which surely boosts your conversion rate.
- Sticky navigation: Your menu bar is fixed to the top of your page as you scroll down. It is useful for your online shoppers when they want to move to another section of the page without having to scroll up.
When you’re looking for the best Shopify theme, Icon has the awards to prove its features. Icon is wonderful for visually striking brands with image-focused content. It is most suitable for those who are running art and photography businesses.
Similar to the Testament, Icon is a product of We Are Underground. However, this theme has its own outstanding features that hold the key to its enviable reputation. Apparently, Underground packs Icon with many features that empowers Shopify store owners to create conclusive and particular experiences with ease.
Positive response: 94% (225 reviews in total)
- Shopify theme default features
- Parallax Scrolling: This technique creates an animated depth on a website by making the background images move slower than the foreground images when the shoppers scroll down the page. Today, Parallax Scrolling is becoming a trend for its great ability to improve UX efficiently.
- Google Web fonts: As a theme best for art businesses, Icon offers huge fonts to bring the best experience to your customers. You can choose a font that is suitable for your objectives to design a creative and unique store.
Wokiee is a multipurpose Shopify theme on Themeforest. Envato Tuts+ indicates that it is the best one in 20 Best Shopify Themes With Beautiful eCommerce designs.
Wokiee is an ideal solution to make your website look professional, creative, and more attractive. With Wokiee, you can create different arrangements to meet the needs of your customers.
Price: Wokiee offers two licenses for users:
- Regular License: $59
- Extended License: $1750
For Regular License, you are allowed to use the theme to create a single website for yourself or for one client, and the website content can be accessed for free.
For Extended License, you are allowed to use the theme to create a single website for yourself or for one client, and you can charge people for accessing the content.
The price includes 6 months of support. If you want to extend the support to 12 months, you need to pay an extra of $16.5 for Regular License and $375 for Extended License.
Positive response: Wokiee is Best Rated item on Themeforest
- Variety Homepage layouts: This theme currently offers 70 stunning homepage layouts for you to choose the best one that suits your kind of business. It uses motion graphics to show a quick view of all 70 demos on a page.
- Multiple header options: Currently, Wokiee offers store owners with 8 options of navigation design that are easy to use and beautifully-design.
- eCommerce features: Wokiee provides a lot of useful features to help users satisfy their customers. For example, Color/ Size/ Material swatches features allow shoppers to envision your product not only in color but also in its available materials. Thanks to Google Rich Snippet Tool, it’s far easier to create great content to get higher rankings on the search engines.
The last name in the list of the best Shopify themes is Ella. Developed by Halothemes that makes awesome themes for BigCommerce, Shopify, and Magento, it is the best sellers item on Themeforest.
Ella gets a solid reputation as a drag-and-drop Shopify theme with incredible UI/ UX and Mobile Optimized layout. This Shopify theme offers store owners with tons of well-designed, responsive, and eye-catching templates.
Price: Ella offers two licenses for users:
- Regular License: $55
- Extended License: $2800
The fees for extending support to 12 months for Regular and Extended License are $15 and $768.75 correspondingly.
Positive response: Ella has an average rating of 4.81/5 with 525 ratings.
- Drop-down list Shopping cart: The shopping cart block will appear when your shoppers click to the cart icon. Therefore, they can easily view their shopping cart status on any page they want without opening a new page.
- New monthly themes: Besides updating the current themes frequently, Ella releases new Shopify themes monthly to satisfy your customers and keep your store looking new.
- Gorgeous Child Themes: Child Theme is a theme that inherits all the features and functionalities from another theme called the parent theme. When you customize the parent theme, all the current functionalities are still kept in the child theme.
- Lazy Loading: This is an optimized technique for the online content that reduces the loading time and memory usage. Your store shows product images in the product/category pages, so it’s time-consuming to load the entire in the browser. Instead, Lazy Loading only loads the requested images and delays the remaining images until they are needed.
Choosing the best Shopify theme that fits your objectives will help you manage your website more easily and outshine competitors. If your design doesn’t attract customers, or your customers find it’s difficult to search through the product catalog, they will turn to another website.
There are loads of fantastic Shopify themes available on the market today. We have narrowed down the best ones for you, it’s time to make the decision:
- The best free Shopify theme: Minimal.
- The best premium Shopify themes on Shopify Theme store: District, Responsive, Testament, Icon. These themes are the best ones for different industries like fashion, beauty & health, etc. Please note that they all offer great customizability to make changes to the website so that you can tailor them to any kind of business.
- The best Themeforest Shopify themes: Wokiee, Ella. These are the two best themes on Themeforest that can work on multipurpose.
With these above incredible themes, Shopify ensures itself is an ideal eCommerce platform to generate conversions for your store.
So if you want to set up a new Shopify store in 10 minutes, please visit our video tutorial here.
In case you are planning to migrate to Shopify, LitExtension is here for you. LitExtension is a professional migration tool that helps you to transfer data from 100+carts to Shopify. With Litextension, your Shopify migration will be performed automatically with the highest security and accuracy within just a few hours.
Thank you for reading and we hope to see you in the next post!