Wix is undoubtedly one of the most popular website builders in the world. But the question is, is Wix good for eCommerce? If that’s your concern, don’t go anywhere! Stay tuned to discover everything you need to know about this platform in our in-depth Wix eCommerce review.
Here’s what we will cover in this review:
- What is Wix and Wix eCommerce?
- Wix pros and cons at the first glance review
- Wix eCommerce review: pricing, store management, and everything!
Let's get started!
Need Help To Migrate Your Store?
Wix Migration is super easy with LitExtension. We help you transfer all your data from any current eCommerce platform to Wix accurately, seamlessly with utmost security.
What is Wix and Wix eCommerce?
Before unveiling all the features that Wix eCommerce offers, let’s see a quick introduction to Wix and Wix eCommerce in this review article.
#1. What is Wix?
Wix was founded in 2006 by three talented Israel developers Avishai Abrahami, Nadav Abrahami, and Giora Kaplan. The platform quickly became famous and attracted a large number of users.
In 2023, with the continuous improvement in its features updates and releases, Wix claimed it has more than 200 million registered users from 190 countries around the world.
Wix is a simple drag and drops site builder that helps you turn your design idea into a website without any tech knowledge required. Based on our testing and experience, Wix stands among one of the best online platforms, along with Shopify and BigCommerce, that assists you in connecting with customers and automating your workflow.
Different from Magento or WooCommerce, from the very first line of code, the center of attention of Wix wasn’t on the developer. Instead, its target customers are much larger, including creators that want to share their passions and talents and turn their ideas into a reality without the pain of hard coding a website or journeying down a complicated signup process.
After years of testing, we got you a quick Wix review for your consideration:
#2. What is Wix eCommerce?
On June 30, 2020, Wix released a new version called Wix eCommerce for online retailers, brands, and merchants of all sizes all around the world. More specifically, this release shows a big move of Wix in catching up with the emerging eCommerce market trend.
As a result, Wix eCommerce brings in many brand new and exciting features, from optimized shopping and payment experiences for customers to business and finance management tools and so on.
Now, let’s have a deeper review on how it works to find out whether or not it’s a match for your business.
Wix Pros and Cons
Now that you have a glimpse of Wix and Wix eCommerce, it's time we break down and review all the pros and cons of this platform.
- Easy to use, even for new eCommerce users
- Easy to set up and quick to start selling
- Top-notch website builder tools (ADI, Editor, Editor X)
- High flexibility
- 800+ free themes and website templates
- Good selling features
- Wide selection of apps and add-ons
- Free domain for the first year of registration
- Slightly slower than other eCommerce platforms
- Cannot checkout with multi-currency
- Some selling features rely heavily on third-party or plugins
Don't forget that we've got you a list of some Wix alternatives review.
Wix eCommerce Review: Everything You Need to Know
#1. Wix pricing
There's no doubt that Wix is one of the best website builders. So, how much money do you need to pay for a decent eCommerce store on Wix? Let's review all pricing plans of Wix for eCommerce & Business.
Currently, Wix eCommerce provides three pricing plans that fluctuate between $27 and $59. Each plan is suitable for a certain type of business, including Business Basic, Business Unlimited, and Business VIP.
This plan is a fit for someone who just started a business because there’s 20GB of online storage. It also gives you a basic set of features that are composed of unlimited bandwidth along with a year of a free domain and sales analytics and report. Additionally, Wix eCommerce allows you to use their site boost app, which helps your site rank higher in search results as well as get your site listed in directories & business listings like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and more.
This plan has every feature of the basic plan yet with more storage, Pro eCommerce Features, and Professional Logo. You will definitely get what you pay for with the Pro eCommerce features, which include a tax calculator, dropshipping, email campaigns, and the like. Simultaneously, Wix eCommerce also supports you in creating your logo in a breeze with the Wix logo maker.
With the price of $59 for a month, you will have all the features of the unlimited plan, along with priority and VIP support. All your questions on Wix's answer page will be pushed to the front of the line and all your phone calls will be answered as fast as possible.
Note: There is a 14-day money-back guarantee on All Premium Plans and $125 worth of free advertising, including $50 Facebook Ads and $75 Google AdWords for a yearly subscription. So why don't you sign up for Wix and take this opportunity?
You should be aware of the hidden cost of Wix eCommerce. The numbers on Wix pricing pages are for annual subscriptions, even though they’re shown as monthly fees. The monthly price is different. Especially if you intend to subscribe for just several months, this eCommerce platform might not be a good option. Wix will take away your free domain, premium apps, and ad vouchers.
#2. Ease of Use
As mentioned before, Wix was made for non-technical people. Therefore, it should go without saying that this hosted solution is much more user-friendly than other open-source site builders.
Incredibly easy to start and set up an account and get designing. Wix is a breeze to work with and the design/template options are outstanding and professional. A simple site looks like a work of art in a short amount of time.
Jeff M. – Director of Marketing
From my point of view, the main strength of Wix lies in simplicity when it comes to designing your storefront. Wix eCommerce does not only inherit this high usability but it also offers more exciting features such as Wix Multilingual, Wix ADI and Wix Editor.
Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) – This is the fastest way to make a website with Wix eCommerce. You just need to answer some simple questions to provide the system with some pieces of information, such as name, email, and business type…and edit to your heart’s content until it looks just how you want it (you may learn more via our Wix ADI vs Wix Editor review).
Wix Multilingual is also extremely useful for merchants who want to sell globally. It’ll automatically create the same pages and translate them into the language that you need.
Want to build a Wix store? Our experts have been with Wix for years and bringing you this tutorial video for you on how to create a Wix website from scratch:
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” – But most of the time, this very first step seems hard to make for every beginner. Over the years, Wix’s developers have been putting tremendous effort into making their site builder tools more and more user-friendly. With Wix eCommerce, the distance between you and your first online site is now just a few clicks away.
In my perception, Wix is a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) website builder, you can make changes and view your storefront's appearance at the same time. Additionally, Wix’s builder tool is drag-and-drop, so you can easily move around and customize anything of your store’s design with just a few quick drops of your mouse. The upside to the editor tool is that it’s not a “block editor” like Shopify or BigCommerce, Wix gives you much more freedom by letting you drag and drop any component anywhere you want.
#3. Template and Customization
At the time of writing, Wix offers users over 700 stunning templates to suit every eCommerce business from accessories, fashion, arts & crafts supply… In addition, Wix is also a great choice for building visual-focused sites such as wedding websites or photography portfolios.
All Wix templates are free, therefore, you don’t need to worry about any additional expense for your theme. However, if you want to make use of all the features included in Wix’s eCommerce templates, you will need to be on an eCommerce plan. All of the designs are modern, extremely neat, and eye-catching.
Besides, Wix also comes with Wix Editor X (you may read our full Wix Editor X review here), a new website design tool dedicated to designers and agencies.
Wix eCommerce Review from customers
Let's see a review from Wix’s customer to get a better understanding of Wix’s template.
Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options. One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more).
Zee G. – Digital Operations Manager
Moreover, the customization of Wix is also a plus. Recently, Wix brought its user Corvid by Wix, which grants advanced modification and opportunity for 3rd party integrations. As a result, you can build your site from scratch and get a unique store just like you want.
However, Wix’s design flexibility has a limitation you should consider. If you pick a theme for your store, you’ll have to stick with it. It would be a problem when you need to rebuild your store from the beginning to change your design. Worry not! We've got you with the list of best Wix templates review to solve your concerns!
#4. Store Management
#5. App Stores
This surely is not a strength of Wix. The Wix store gives you just over 200 options for add-ons. There are 6 main categories, including marketing, sell online, services and events, media and content, design element, and communication.
In addition, we find that the good thing about the Wix App store is that there are a lot of free apps to choose from. If you need a paid app, it will cost you from $5-$30, which is quite affordable. Although the Wix store is quite expandable, we can still see that there's some popular name:
- QuickBooks: Help you with automated invoices along with monthly reports and easy management of your invoices.
- MailChimp: Build your customer email list through the landing pages and pop-ups offered by MailChimp
- Wix shared gallery: Create a shared gallery on your site so members can easily share photos and videos for their feedback
- MultiOrders: Connect and synchronize your store to multiple sales channels and manage your inventory, orders, and shipping from a single dashboard.
#6. SEO and Marketing
Based on my testing of the Wix eCommerce platform, here's things Wix does best for SEO features.:
- Powerful SEO Toolset Built-in: Wix grants its user a great set of SEO support features, including Fast loading time, mobile responsiveness, auto-generated XML Sitemap, Bulk 301 Redirects, and so on
- Facebook & Instagram Ads: Now, with Wix eCommerce, you will be able to connect your store with Facebook and Instagram Ads and manage it from your dashboard. All you need to do is just set up your Ads on your store dashboard. The Wix AI will take care of the rest for you. From automated targeting to potential customers to ongoing A/B testing.
- Customer Loyalty & Engagement: Since customer service is the heart of an online business, this feature is super necessary for making your shoppers keep coming back to your store. It allows you to attract repeat visitors to your site with newsletters, add a blog, interact via live chat, and create loyalty programs.
- Custom email marketing: Wix eCommerce brings you high-quality email marketing. You can choose from a bunch of email templates. Additionally, you can even create your own template from scratch to send to your customer.
#7. Store Analytics
As our experts review Wix eCommerce, we find that Wix has 2 key features for store analytics:
- Business, customer, and website traffic report: This enables you to tailor your business reports to show your most important data. Including revenue breakdowns, customer behavior, traffic, conversion rate… You can also export these documents to a CSV file.
- Top Products: Monitor your store with up-to-date product metrics and reports. Review which items are your best (and worst) performers. Based on the highest quantity sold, most revenue earned, and most viewed.
When it comes to Wix payments review, from what I've observed, Wix eCommerce is greater with:
- 40+ Payment Providers: Choose from leading payment gateways in your region, like PayPal, Stripe, and PagSeguro. Accept secure payments via major credit/debit cards and digital wallets from customers around the world.
- Secure Online Payments: Protect your customers with advanced online encryption and the strictest standards. Offer PCI-compliant on-site and in-app checkout and avoid fraud attacks with Wix’s AI, rule-based risk system.
- Flexible Payment and Billing: Build customer loyalty and earn residual revenue by offering one-time and recurring payments. Let customers pay as they go or purchase memberships, subscriptions, and packages.
Bonus resource: Learn more about Wix Payments Processor review – Wix's built-in payment method!
#9. Professional Support
Last on this Wix eCommerce review is the customer support of Wix.
Customer support is always a big part of an eCommerce platform. Fortunately, Wix provides merchants with great support including a help center, phone support, social media support, community forum, email support, video tutorials, 24/7 on-page editor support, and an in-depth knowledge base.
If your business needs a lot of support from Wix’s experts, you should consider registering for the business VIP plan. This way, your questions or your phone calls will be put in the front with high priority in every situation.
Wix eCommerce Review – FAQs
Unlike other eCommerce platform like Shopify or BigCommerce, Wix offers a free plan for anyone. Therefore, you can use Wix for free, no money needed!
Yes, Wix is complete safe to use. Thanks to the nature of a hosted eCommerce solution, Wix can secure your data and protect your store from cyber attack.
There’s no deny that Wix is one of the best eCommerce platform in the world. It provides users good selling features with no coding required.
Wix offers three different eCommerce pricing plans, starting from $17/month to $35/month. With that being said, to efficiently operate your online store, you might have to pay more for apps, domain, and Wix processing fees.
And that brings us to the end of our Wix eCommerce review. To sum up, Wix eCommerce surely is a good option for starting an online store. You will be satisfied with the clean, modern, and beautiful template, along with endless customizability. The user-friendliness of Wix is also a big advantage. You can easily set up, modify as well as create a great design with the drag-and-drop builder tool.
Moreover, Wix eCommerce gives you various useful features, from controlling your store and bettering customer experience to secure payment methods and professional support. Although the price is not so competitive, you surely get what you pay for. So, after reading this review this far, why not choose Wix?
How to migrate to Wix?
In case you intend to perform Wix migration, LitExtension – #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert can assist you to migrate all your data, including customers, orders, and passwords… to your new store with just a few clicks. If you wish to know more about LitExtension, you can contact LitExtension support by chatting or emailing for more information.