Last Updated: Sept 1st, 2018
This page addresses new data regulations and explains how LitExtension process sensitive data to guarantee its customers greater security and control over the personal information. Our company strives to provide LitExtension’s clients with seamless experience and data security is the main issue we focus on while performing data migration between the shopping carts.
What Is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
Because LitExtension deals with the personal data of EU citizens and since the proper treatment of personal data of all clients, regardless of their nationality, is the company’s primary goal, we have taken a set of measures to get compliant with EU data protection requirements and have made the treatment of sensitive data even more transparent.
Quick Summary Of The Updates?
LitExtension guarantees that every client or website visitor has the right to:
- Inquire why and at what steps of cooperation the personal data is collected.
- Agree or disagree on providing personal info during the very first interaction with the website/service.
- Know what kind of information is collected by LitExtension and how it will be processed.
- Request correction, amendment or extraction of their personal data.
- Ask to specify the ways the data provided is secured by LitExtension.
Why Does LitExtension Collect Personal Data?
LitExtension is GDPR-friendly company and has implemented all the necessary changes to the ways customers’ info is collected. You trust us your sensitive data and we take all the necessary measures to guarantee its security and transparency of processing.
Here is why we collect customers personal information:
- To perform transfer and accurate data migration process.
- To send the important info on your migration – the results of data migration, price estimates and other significant migration-related notifications.
How Long The Data Is Being Saved?
We’ll keep the record for the personal information you provided during 30 days after the last interaction with the automated platform migration service. After the time period of 30 days expires the personal info on a particular client gets deleted and the process is irreversible.
What Kind Of Personal Data Does LitExtension Collect?
For a website visitors
When you visit LitExtension website, our server records the information being sent from your browser:
- Web request (e.g. date, time, etc.)
- IP address
- The data we receive at this stage are used to monitor and analyze website visitor flow in Google Analytics.
For a customer performing data migration
Depending on the type of cart a customer performs data migration, LitExtension might request the following information:
- Source and Target Stores URLs
- Type of Source and Target ShoppingCart Platform
- FTP/Cpanel access (required for particular platforms only)
- Admin account (required for particular platforms only)
At every step LitExtension guarantees data protection against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration or disclosure of personal information.
How Is The Data Protected?
LitExtension has been more than 10 years experience in treating and protecting information. Some of the major LitExtension security measures include:
- DDoS preventions against large-scale DDoS attacks.
- Regular backups of all the information that is processed.
- System performance duplication that excludes the system errors and data migration interruptions.
- Implementation of network firewalls to prevent unauthorized access.
You Need Further Assistance
LitExtension Support Managers will be happy to provide you with any assistance regarding your personal details or give you comprehensive answers on the way your data are treated by our system.
Support Managers are available 24/5, contact us via email@example.com