Each platform has a particular structure and its own way of coding password. Switching eCommerce platform makes old accounts of your clients no longer valid. Accordingly, your customers cannot sign in your site and will feel uncomfortable to reset or create another account. The worst case could be losing your customers due to an unhappy experience.
Fortunately, LitExtension provides all services to help you solve any problems relating to data transfer. Thus, this article will give you detailed instructions on how to migrate your customer password with LitExtension.
What is Customer Password Migration Plugin?
First of all, Customer Password Migration is a LitExtension plugin allowing users to migrate customer passwords from an old platform to a new one. Therefore, shoppers can log into the new site normally without resetting passwords or creating a new account.
Which pairs of carts can you perform Customer Password Migration?
Currently, LitExtension supports migrating users’ passwords from the following platforms to Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and OpenCart.
How to download Customer Password Migration Plugin?
To begin with, the plugin is available for download below. Then, please ensure your cart is on the above list.
- Magento Password Plugin
- WooCommerce Password Plugin
- Prestashop Password Plugin
- OpenCart Password Plugin
How to install?
To begin with, please keep in mind that:
- The store owners need to install this plugin only to the Target Cart;
- We recommend keeping Password Migration plugin activated until all of your customers log in at least once. Afterward, you can delete or disable this plugin.
- For additional information about your Password Migration, please do not hesitate to Contact Us for further assistance.
Next, to set up the plugin, you should download the Password Migration Plugin package above. After that, you need to extract it. Finally, you will follow the setup guide below:
- Step 1: Access to Magento store by using FTP program and upload ‘LitExtension’ folder to your Magento /app/code folder. Notably, this will not overwrite any existing files, just upload the new folder to the folder root.
- Step 2: In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root folder
cd path_to_the_store_root_folder run these commands: php bin/magento module:enable LitExtension_CustomerPassword php bin/magento setup:upgrade }
- Step 1: Download the LitExension Password plugin
- Step 2: Go to WordPress backend, then select Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and upload password plugin.
- Step 3: Activate the module in WordPress backend
- Step 1: Upload the folder “lecmprepass” to your Prestashop “modules” folder. This will not overwrite any existing files, just upload the new folder to the folder root.
- Step 2: Go to Back Office -> Select on tab ‘Improve’ -> ‘Modules’ -> Module Catalog -> Module Catalog
- Step 3: Search for the keyword: ‘LitExtension Customer Password Plugin’, click ‘Install’
Moreover, for Prestashop Upgrade, it doesn’t require module installation. However, you’ll need to perform some post-migration activities.
Lastly, when finishing migration process, follow these steps to set up:
- First, navigate to the root folder of your Source Cart
- Next, enter “config” folder
- Then, open “settings.inc.php” file as a text document
- After that, copy COOKIE_KEY code
After that, enter the same directory but on your Target Cart (/root folder/config/settings.inc.php) and replace the COOKIE_KEY. You can see it with the one you’ve copied from Source Cart.
Note: If you are using PrestaShop 1.7.x, the directory where cookie key info is the following: – /app/config/parameters.php.
- Step 1: Login to the admin panel, go to Extensions tab -> Installer (https://prnt.sc/pmi439)
- Step 2: Click Upload to upload our plugin (https://prnt.sc/pmi4eu)
- Step 3: Go to Extensions and choose “modules” as the extension type (https://prnt.sc/pmi4n4)
- Step 4: Select LitExtension Password and click install
- Step 5: When finishing the above steps, you can see our plugin as shown here https://prnt.sc/pmi5et
In case you have any questions, bug report, plugin request, please drop us a message with your detailed info at http://litextension.com/contacts, or email us: email@example.com
We are striving to get your issue solved within 24 hours. Or you can join our community to get more eCommerce knowledge.
Finally, thanks for reading and good luck!