Each platform has a particular structure and its own way of coding password. Switching e-commerce platform makes old accounts of your clients no longer valid. Accordingly, an issue possibly happening is that your customers cannot sign in your site and will feel uncomfortable and inconvenient to reset or create another account. The worst situation could be losing your customers due to an unhappy experience.
Fortunately, as one of the world-leading data migration experts, LitExtension provides all services to help you solve any problems relating to data transfer. Thus, this article will give you detailed instructions on how to migrate your customer password with LitExtension.
What is Customer Password Migration Plugin?
Customer Password Migration is a plugin of LitExtension allowing users to migrate customer passwords from old platform to a new one. Therefore, shoppers can log into the new site normally without resetting passwords or creating a new account.
Which pairs of carts can you perform Customer Password Migration?
Currently, LitExtension is supporting migrating users’ passwords from the following platforms to Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and OpenCart.
How to download Customer Password Migration Plugin?
The plugin is available for download below. Please ensure your cart is in the above list.
- Magento Password Plugin
- WooCommerce Password Plugin
- Prestashop Password Plugin
- OpenCart Password Plugin
How to install?
Before installing, please be noted that:
- The plugin should be installed only to the Target Cart
- We recommend keeping Password Migration plugin activated till all of your customers log in at least once. Afterward, it can be disabled or deleted.
- For additional information about your Password Migration, please do not hesitate to Contact Us for further assistance.
To set up the plugin, you should download the Password Migration Plugin package above, extract it, and follow the setup guide below:
1. For Magento platform
- Step 1: Access to Magento store by using FTP program and upload ‘LitExtension’ folder to your Magento /app/code folder. This will not overwrite any existing files, just upload the new folder to the folder root.
- Step 2: In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root folder
cd path_to_the_store_root_folder run these commands: php bin/magento module:enable LitExtension_CustomerPassword php bin/magento setup:upgrade }
2. For WooCommerce platform
- Step 1: Download the LitExension Password plugin
- Step 2: Go to WordPress backend, then select Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and upload password plugin.
- Step 3: Activate the module in WordPress backend
3. For Prestashop platform
- Step 1: Upload the folder “lecmprepass” to your Prestashop “modules” folder. This will not overwrite any existing files, just upload the new folder to the folder root.
- Step 2: Go to Back Office -> Select on tab ‘Improve’ -> ‘Modules’ -> Module Catalog -> Module Catalog
- Step 3: Search for the keyword: ‘LitExtension Customer Password Plugin’, click ‘Install’
For Prestashop Upgrade, it doesn’t require module installation, but you’ll need to perform some post-migration manipulations.
When the migration is finished, follow these steps to set up:
- Navigate to the root folder of your Source Cart
- Enter “config” folder
- Open “settings.inc.php” file as a text document
- Copy COOKIE_KEY code
After copying COOKIE_KEY code, enter the same directory but on your Target Cart (/root folder/config/settings.inc.php) and replace the COOKIE_KEY you see with the one you’ve copied from Source Cart.
Note: If you are using PrestaShop 1.7.x, the directory where cookie key info is saved is the following: – /app/config/parameters.php.
4. For OpenCart platform
- Step 1: Login to OpenCart admin, go to Extensions tab -> Installer (https://prnt.sc/pmi439)
- Step 2: Click Upload to upload our plugin (https://prnt.sc/pmi4eu)
- Step 3: Go to Extensions and choose “modules” as the extension type (https://prnt.sc/pmi4n4)
- Step 4: Select LitExtension Password and click install
- Step 5: When finishing the above steps, you can see our plugin as shown here https://prnt.sc/pmi5et
For any question, bug report, plugin request, please drop us a message with your detailed info at http://litextension.com/contacts, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are striving to get your issue solved within 24 hours