How To Get API From Shopify
API is the acronym for Application Programming Interface, which is a software intermediary that allows two applications to talk to each other. The Shopify API is a powerful tool that let you offer enhanced solutions to your Shopify. To migrate from/to Shopify, you need API info to get your job done. During the migration process, API Password will be used for making data transfer possible. This guide shows you how to get API from your Shopify store through a few simple steps.
Good luck with your process! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact LitExtension team. We are always 24/7 ready for support.
Try Free Demo Now
Get API From Shopify
- Login to your Shopify admin panel.
- Click on Apps, then click on Manage private apps at bottom of page.
- Click Create a new private app.
- At App details section, enter Private app name.
- At Admin API section, click on Review disabled Admin API permissions to expand full list of permissions, then specify the API resources and permissions to which your app/migration requires access. Set all access levels of the permissions to Read and Write (or the highest access level).
- At Storefront API section, uncheck/disable Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API option.
- Click on Save button then confirm
- Now you can get Shopify API Password at Admin API section.