Connector files are used to establish a connection between your shopping carts and make the data exchange possible. They are special access gateways that are completely secured by unique Security Tokens bounded to your personal account and provided by LitExtension. To work correctly, “le_connector” folder needs to be located in your store’s root folder.
How to install Connector files?
The procedure is the same for macOS, Windows and Linux users. You can use Filezilla or any FTP app (FileZilla, WinSCP, FileFTP, CuteFTP)
- Firstly, at your Migration Setup page, after filling Source/Target cart URL, easily download connector by clicking “Download Litextension Connector”. You will receive a zip file.
- Upload the folder “le_connector” to your Source / Target store via FTP. Whichever FTP client you are using (FileZilla, WinSCP, FileFTP, CuteFTP) enter the root folder of your store and paste the “le_connector” folder you extracted from the zip file previously.
- Check whether Connector files have been installed correctly. Click the instructed link or you can directly type in url in your browser, it should be /le_connector/connector.php added to your root store url. If you see this message “Connector Installed” – Connector is working correctly and you can proceed with the next step of your migration.
Done! You have already installed Litextension connector successfully. Hit next to finish your data migration with LitExtension!
How to fix Connector Setup issue?
Question 1: I’m clicking on the link but no “Connector Installed” message shown?
Answer: It could be due to your permission setting upon the uploaded files and folder. Please set permissions like below:
- 755 or 777 for “/le_connector” folder, if you are using Filezilla you can simply right click on the “/le_connector” folder in your root folder, select file permissions and set the necessary value.
- 644 (if “/le_connector” folder permission is set to 755) or 666 (if “/le_connector” folder permission is set to 777) for “connector.php”.
Question 2: Oops, it still doesn’t work?
Answer: No worries, we can give a helping hand for that, please just “Contact Us” for further assistance.