Recent Migration and Remigration are the two service provided by LitExtension. It aims to help merchants to transfer fully and accurately data from source site to the target conveniently and effortlessly. However, you may be confused about the usage of those services. Therefore to avoid the mistake of using them, the article is going to compare the differences between Remigration and Recent Data Migration.
1. The function of Recent migration and Remigration
Remigration is used in case you want to migrate all over again due to the wrong setup, failed theme, hosting issue, incorrect customization and so on. They could make missing data, corrupted display and other unexpected situations. So you need re-migrate one more time to ensure that your data will work properly on the target site.
Recent data migration is an extended feature attached directly to the migration steps. It helps you to transfer data which are newly added into source cart in and after your Full Migration. After your full migration, existing data on source store had already been moved to the target and worked properly. Therefore Recent Data Migration only delivers newly-updated data. For example, a new customer registering an account on your source site while running your migration, or new order placed, etc. This ensures that your data transfer will be performed perfectly without missing anything.
2. Processing time and Principle
Remigration will take a longer time because you are required to start the process over again with the original number of data. To perform this task, go to your account and three ordinary steps of migration, select Clear Data on target as required and run. All data on the target will be deleted before re-transferring data. Read more about Clear Data on Target Store to get more useful information.
Recent Data Migration saves you time because only new data is transferred. Additionally, LitExtension will automatically recognize newly-appeared entities and move them to new destination without manual checking. You also go to three simple steps like previous migration, choose Migrate recent data and perform. But this feature doesn’t work if you want to update old data. For instance, you edit some product in source cart and it was migrated, so when you run Migrate Recent Data to update the modification, it won’t work.
Here is the cost for Recent Migration and Remigration
- 100% FREE for 1 time after the first full migration.
- From 2nd migrations: You will have to launch another Full Migration.
Recent Data Migration
The cost of Recent Data Migration will be calculated depending on the number of entities you import additionally.
- If your recent data is less than 5% of the total entities you have purchased initially: 100% FREE for the first 2 times using Recent Data Migration.
- From the third time using this functionality with less than 5% of the total entities, you have purchased initially: The cost will be calculated depending on the number of entities you import additionally.
- If your recent data is more than 5% of the total entities you have purchased initially: The cost will be calculated depending on the number of entities you import additionally.
Read more: Demo Migration and All you need to know