Are you looking for the best hosting provider for your WooCommerce online store?
Choosing the right one among many powerful WooCommerce hosting providers is an important decision since it can hugely affect your store performance (speed, security and stability).
In this article, we will be highlighting what to look for in a WooCommerce hosting provider and go through the top 7 best WooCommerce hosting providers. We will also help you choose a suitable plan for your needs so you can fully spend time growing your store.
What to look for from your WooCommerce hosting provider?
Before digging deeper into the top 7 best WooCommerce hosting providers, there are some key features that you need to consider when choosing the best suit one for your store. Let’s get cracking!
1. Support and maintenance
Always make sure that the WooCommerce hosting provider supports your store 24/7 via live chat, phone or email. You should also choose a hosting provider that includes automated regular backups and restorations without additional fees.
Let’s take a look at a list of all the main features that WooCommerce hosting providers should meet. Here they are:
- An SSL certificate: It protects your customers’ personal data and helps search engines easily find your website and build your site’s authority.
- The expected amount of storage space, especially if you have a lot of videos or large images.
- A content delivery network (CDN) to optimize website load speed
- An in-house caching system. With this caching system enabled, your files are stored in a secondary location so that the site loads faster when visitors return.
- Easy WooCommerce Installation
- Understandable Cpanel Interface
- On-Demand Backup
- Manage Update
- PHP 7+ supported
Obviously, all store owners always dream big and want to grow their business up at lightning speed. Therefore, it’s necessary to choose a hosting company that offers several hosting plans that are easy to switch at a reasonable price. A good host will help you easily upgrade your package when you need to.
4. Uptime and security
As you might know, uptime is the percentage of time your host is available to serve your website. The uptime should be as close to 100% as possible, greater than 99% is the standard we’re looking for.
In terms of website security, besides SSL certificates and backups, there are a few other factors to consider when picking a host such as software security (PHP or MySQL), malware scanning and firewall.
Related Article: “WooCommerce Setup Guide”
Let’s take a closer look at 7 best WooCommerce hosting providers below with their quality, features and pricing plan.
Top 7 Best WooCommerce hosting providers
Founded in 2011, Cloudways is one of the most popular managed WooCommerce hosting providers. With Cloudways, you have the freedom to choose which provider you will store your site files to. It can either be DigitalOcean, AWS EC2, Linode, VULTR or Google Cloud Platform.
- Easy-to-use with a clean interface
- Cloudways CDN setup
- Firewall Security: dedicated firewalls to keep your store safe
- One-click SSL installation
- Backup Service: automated backups, seamless scaling as your store grows in traffic
- 24/7 live support and many more features that can be called pro-level
Cloudways pricing and plans:
Basically, it’s free to sign up and set up your account. However, since they offer you the choice of multiple cloud providers, you actually get to pay once you select the provider and the number of resources you need.
Don’t worry! In case you are unsure about Cloudways service and its functions, you can try any of the plans free for 3 days to experience Cloudways services before making your payment.
Prices vary depending on the chosen cloud provider and you can also choose to pay monthly or hourly. These make Cloudways a great hosting provider for any budget.
Since 2005, with over 15-year-experience, Bluehost might be one of the best WooCommerce hosting providers thanks to its dedicated customer support, a super-competitive uptime guarantee of 99.98%, and affordable plans.
- Free SSL certificate
- 1-click WordPress Installation
- Dedicated IP Address
- WordPress and WooCommerce installation is made easy with storefront theme
- 24/7 customer support via email, live chat and phone
- Content Delivery Network (CDNs)
- The enhanced and interactive cPanel
- Domain registration: Bluehost provides free domain to certain users when they sign up for a one-year plan.
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
Bluehost pricing and plans:
Its pricing ranges from $7.99 to $16.99 depending on the type of plans you select. Its Basic plan $7.99/month with a discount is now $2.75 which allows you to create your website with 50 GB of space and unmetered bandwidth. The Plus package offers more prominent features such as unlimited websites, parked domains, unmetered website space, unmetered bandwidth and so on with only $4.95 per month.
- Basic Plan: $2.75/month
- Plus Plan: $4.95/month
- Choice Plus Plan: $5.45/month
- Pro Plan: $13.95/month
Siteground was founded in 2004 and now become the official Woocommerce partner among WooCommerce hosting providers. They have built an impressive reputation of providing a high-quality hosting service. At the time of writing, SiteGround is being trusted and used by over 2 million worldwide users. Basically, it offers three main WordPress hosting plans which are StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek with numerous outstanding features.
- Easy WordPress & WooCommerce installation
- Free SSL Certification
- PCI Compliant server for highest tier
- 24/7 customer support
- Cloudflare Content Delivery Network(CDN) to optimize load speed
- Automated WordPress Data Back-up Service
- Location-specific Hosting option
- Email hosting
- Smart Caching specifically for WooCommerce site
- Storefront theme with free shopping cart installation
- WordPress website staging tool
Siteground pricing and plans:
SiteGround’s StartUp is the cheapest plan which starts at $6.99/month. It allows 1 website with 10 GB Web Space and around 10,000 Visits Monthly. The next step up is GrowBig, which comes in at $9.99/month with unlimited website, 25 GB space, up to 25,000 visitors per month and other advanced features.
Finally, GoGeek is the most advanced shared plan, and costs $14.99/month. These promotional starting prices will increase in time to $14.99, $24.99, and $39.99, respectively.
As you may know, GoDaddy has stayed on top as one of the biggest names in web hosting, domain registration, and online marketing. It is an excellent tool for beginners who want to build their own site but aren’t sure where to start because everything in the back-end of the website is very clean and simple when you set up your new store. GoDaddy has an average uptime of 99.97% which is an impressive number. Furthermore, GoDaddy also supports customers via live chat and 24/7 phone support.
- Malware scan and removal ensures 100% security of your customers’ info
- Managed and automated tasks
- Daily backups with 1-click restore
- WordPress search engine optimization (SEO) plugin
- Free domain for one year, even on its basic plan.
- Automatic WordPress core software and security updates
- SFTP access (Deluxe, Ultimate, and eCommerce plans)
- The latest version of PHP 7
- CDN Boost for faster load times of up to 50%
- Free 24/7 support
- Free business email for 1st year
- For beginners: Pre-built sites and drag & drop page editor
GoDaddy pricing and plans:
GoDaddy has frequent sale-off programs. GoDaddy’s dedicated WordPress hosting has an introductory price of $46.99 per month ($9.99/month when you renew), and Deluxe and Ultimate plans are at $7.99 and $9.99 respectively. There’s also an eCommerce package for WooCommerce store, its price begins at $15.99/month (renew at $24.99/month) and the Pro 5+ plan for 5 to 50 websites which starts at just $24.99 per month.
Founded in 2010, WP Engine was made for WordPress, WooCommerce and now gains popularity thanks to its excellent help and support and its advanced features for pro users. They offer many robust features like in-house performance optimization, managed updates, 1-click staging environment, and more. Those great managed services and advanced hosting features make WPEngine the perfect and ideal choice for those looking for hassle-free premium WordPress hosting.
WP Engine features:
- Firewall Security
- Automated site backup service
- Free SSL certification
- Integrated Content Delivery Network (CDNs)
- Multiple data centers (GeoTarget)
- 24/7 customer support from tech experts
- SSH Gateway
- WordPress Core Updates
- Offers StudioPress theme
- 60-day Money Back Guarantee
- WP Engine eCommerce Toolkit Plugin to optimize your store’s performance and get access to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
WP Engine pricing and plans:
It offers 4 main pricing packages which are StartUp, Growth, Scale and Custom:
- StartUp Plan($25/month): WP Engine supports up to 25,000 visits per month with 10 Gb of local storage, 50GB bandwidth per month and 1 website included.
- Growth Plan ($95.83/month): This package includes 100,000 visits per month with 20GB local storage, 200GB bandwidth per month and 10 websites.
- Scale Plan($241.67/month): It includes 400,000 visits per month, 50GB local storage, 500GB bandwidth per month and 30 sites.
- Custom Plan: This plan is designed for large businesses. WP Engine can handle millions of visits per month. 100GB – 1TB storage is available. 400GB+ bandwidth/month and 30 sites are included. You need to contact WP Engine specialists to get a specific quote.
After providing high-performing WordPress hosting, Liquid Web has recently rolled out the fully managed WooCommerce hosting. It offers multiple levels of WooCommerce hosting plans including VPS, cloud sites, managed, and dedicated plans with 24/7 support via phone, live chat and helpdesk. With all the powerful features and pricing plans that Liquid Web offers, this is one of the best WooCommerce hosting providers on this list when looking at the price-to-value ratio.
Liquid Web features:
- Pre-installed payment gateway addons (Stripe and PayPal)
- Automated updates & security
- Braver Build Pre-Installed in almost every plan
- Iconic WP (affiliate program hosting)
- Dropshipping via shop master
- Marketplace via DokanPro
- Jilt Pro to recover abandoned cart
- Glew.io included
- Partnership with ShopMaster for Drop Shipping functionality
- PCI compliance scan (extra charges)
Liquid Web pricing and plans:
Liquid Web’s Managed WordPress hosting comes in 6 packages: Starter, Creator, Merchant, Standard, Growth and Enterprise. They differ based on the number of websites and features you may need. So, if you need more server resources, you can upgrade to Standard, Growth or Enterprise plan.
- Starter Plan ($19/month): 100,000 visitors per month with 30 GB Storage, 14 premium features and 3TB bandwidth.
- Creator Plan ($79/month): 1000 orders per hour along with 60GB Storage, 14 premium features and 5TB bandwidth.
- Merchant Plan ($149/month): 2500 orders per hour coupled with 100GB Storage, 14 premium features and 5TB bandwidth.
- Standard Plan ($299/month): 10 stores, handles 3000 orders per hour and provides 300GB Storage, 19 premium features and 5TB Bandwidth.
- Growth Plan ($549/month): 20 stores, executes 5000 orders per hour and provides 500GB Storage, 21 premium features and 10TB Bandwidth.
- Enterprise Plan ($999/month): 30 stores, supports 10,000 orders per hour and offers 800GB Storage, 27 premium features and 10TB Bandwidth.
HostGator was founded in 2002 and rapidly thrives to become one of the biggest hosting companies in the eCommerce market with over 8 million hosted domains. In fact, HostGator offers an unbeatable uptime guarantee of 99.99%.
If you experience downtime below that, you will get back one month credit on your account. Moreover, you can rely on Hostgator because of its great affordable hosting pricing plans, reliable web hosting, and quality customer service.
- Free SSL certificate and unlimited bandwidth
- Get a free domain for the first year
- Unlimited email accounts, sub-domains, and file transfer protocol (FTP) accounts
- Drag-and-drop website builder
- 1-click installation
- Clean & Easy To Use Control Panel
- 24/7/365 customers support via phone and live chat
Hostgator pricing and plans:
Hostgator provides 3 plan types for WordPress Hosting Plans: Starter Plan, Standard and Business with different features and number of hosted websites.
- Starter Plan: $5.95/month
- Standard Plan: $7.95/month
- Business Plan: $9.95/month
To wrap up, above are the top 7 best and most popular WooCommerce hosting providers with all the pros and prominent features. You should take them into consideration when making your final decision because finding the right WooCommerce host for your store and transfer to the new host will ensure that your customers have a great user experience and stay happy, stay safe while online shopping. After choosing the most suitable hosting provider for your store, you can save time and focus on other important strategies and plans to grow your business.
Before choosing a suitable WooCommerce hosting plan, let’s find out how to seamlessly create your WooCommerce store within 10 minutes. If you are considering moving your website to WooCommerce, choose LitExtension – #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert. We ensure to migrate all your important data including products, customers, orders, URLs and other related entities to WooCommerce 100% securely and accurately.
Don’t hesitate to take Free Demo to visualize how easily the migration process runs or contact us for any further information regarding re-platforming.
After reading this article, we hope that you find out which WooCommerce hosting provider will suit your needs most. Happy selling!