A complete replacement for default Magento editor, powered by tinyMCE 4, supports Image Drag & Drop with a neat look.
Wysiwyg Editor Pro is a Magento Extension, it can be installed just like all other Magento Modules, refer to our Extensions Installation Guide and follow the installation steps.
Wysiwyg Editor Pro will appear in System/Configuration, LITEXTENSION tab at the left bar
At Store backend, navigate to System/Configuration, at LITEXTENSION tab click Wysiwyg Editor Pro.
- Select option “Yes” for Enable WYSIWYG Editor
- Show Editor Menu: Yes
- Layout: Full
- Save Config to finish.
Go to CMS and choose any pages/Content, Wysiwyg Editor Pro is ready now.
Click the Show/ Hide Editor button to return to HTML mode. You can work in either mode that you are prefer.
Enable Custom Format to override the built in formats and add a few custom ones to the Format menu.
Click Add button for new Custom Format:
- Format Title: String format type, should not contain special characters
- Element Type: block/inline/selector
- Elements: element to be applied the custom format
- Class: CSS class to apply to element
- Style: inline style to apply to element
- Click Save Config to finish process.
Custom Formats ready now
The WYSIWYG Editor Pro gives you the ability to enter and format while working in a “What You See Is What You Get” view of the content. The editor can be used to create content for pages, blocks, and product descriptions. When working in the product catalog, the editor is accessed by clicking the WYSIWYG Editor button.
Wysiwyg Editor Pro main tollbar
a) Main features
The WYSIWYG Editor Pro is based on Tinymce4 thus it contains all default features of it. You should also find it really similar to the default Magento editor ( Tinymc3 ) in terms of this aspect.
b) Insert Image and Image management
- Position your cursor where you want the image to appear.
- Click Insert àInsert image or just click Insert Image button.
- Do the following:
- Source: paste the full URL of the image or select the image by use Lookup button –> File Manager.
File Manager working with existing Magento media library with several useful functions:
- 3 view modes: Box view, List view, Column list view
- Sort file and Image by: File name, Data, Size, Type
- Filter by Files, Images, Videos, Text…
- Image preview in spot
Multiple files Upload by Drag and Drop: click Upload button and drag images/files in.
- Image description: write a brief description of the image.
- You can type Demensions for the image or left blank and customize later.
- Click OK to complete the process.
c) Insert File and File management
- Position your cursor where you want insert the file.
- Click the Insert File button.
- The File Manager window will appear. File can be managed as same as Image Management
- Choose the file and finish.