Source: Magento, osCommerce, Zen-Cart, Cs-Cart, CubeCart, Interspire, Creloaded/LoadedCommerce, MarketPress, OpenCart, OxidEshop, PrestaShop, VirtueMart, WooCommerce, Wp-Ecommerce, X-Cart, xt:Commerce/Veyton and more…
For Source Store:
- Please ensure you have the right permission to upload files into your Source Store.
- It must not block access from Target Store to the connector.
Source Store can operate normally during migration as it requires a very limited resource for the process.
For Target Store:
- Target Store should be placed in a stable hosting or in localhost.
- PHP Curl must be enabled.
- PHP Fopen (allow_url_fopen) must be On.
- It also must not block connection to Source Store.
- Webserver (mostly apache) should have full permission to write on /img folder.
- Demo mode on backend should be turned off
- base64_decode should be allowed.
It is strongly recommended to backup Prestashop Target Store first.
After downloading the product zip file from our Store, please extract it into a folder. The module consists of two main parts: Prestashop Data Migration Module (“modules” folder) and Source Cart Connector (“prestashop_connector” folder)
- Target Prestashop Data Migration Module Setup
Prestashop Data Migration Module is a Prestashop Module which acts like a hub at Prestashop side to receive data and import it into Prestashop database. It can be installed just like all other Prestashop Modules:
- Using your FTP software, upload the folder “modules” to your PrestaShop root folder.
- Go to Back Office >> Modules.
- Locate the new module in the list, scrolling down if necessary.
- In the row for the new module, click Install.
2. Source Cart Connector Setup
Extract “prestashop_connector” into Source Cart root folder. After finished please make sure Migration Connector can be reached at: http(s)://yourstore.com/prestashop_connector/connector.php
You will get a message “Connector Installed” once it is installed properly.
If you have any problem reaching the link please ensure you have htaccess configured correctly and the file has execution permission.
For security, please open connector.php, find this very first line:
And change “123456” to another string, this will be used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your source store.
Plugins are purchased and setup separately into Prestashop Data Migration Module. They will provide additional functionalities to the tool. Normally plugins need to be customized and tweaked by LitExtension Team to fit customers requirements and will be sent to customers later on. There are a few types of plugin:
– Products and Categories SEO Urls Plugin: helps migrate Products and Categories urls. Old urls will be saved in Target Prestashop Store and will be maintained to keep all current SEO ranking you have built up for years.
– Custom Fields Plugin: help migrate custom fields from Source Store to Target Prestashop Store. This is useful in case customers have customized their store, for example: adding fields to database tables, and also want to migrate these fields into Prestashop Store.
– Customer Password Plugin: special plugin which adds the ability to read passwords encrypted by Source Stores to Prestashop. All passwords are migrated over and remains encrypted, customers can login to the new shop right away without the need of resetting passwords. “Prestashop to Prestashop ” tool natively supports migrating passwords and does not need this plugin.
To install plugins, just copy plugin files into the instructed folder inside Cart Migration Prestashop Module. New functionalities will be enabled.
License Key is an encoded string which comes with your download package. This key is required to activate your Migration Tool.
- After purchasing the product, please login to our store and enter “My downloadable products” section. Here you will find download link and license key for the download package.
- Login your Prestashop Target Store backend, select Cart Migration > Configuration, and copy and paste your license key here
Please login your Prestashop Target Store backend, select Cart Migration > Migration
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
Step 1: Source Cart Configuration
- Cart Type: select corresponding source cart type (osCommerce, ZenCart, VirtueMart, WooCommerce,…..)
- Cart Url: source cart base url, please enter the correct url as this will be registered in your license.
- Cart Token: the token string which has been configured in connector.php
Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Root Category: the category of current Prestashop store to import all source cart categories into.
- Languages Mapping: If your Source Cart is multilingual, corresponding languages ( or storeviews) should be available in Target Prestashop Store. You may need to create additional languages in Prestashop Store to avoid data loss.
- Currencies Mapping: Assign Source Cart currencies to proper Target Prestashop Store currencies. Creating currencies in Target Prestashop Store may be needed.
- Orders Status Mapping: Assign Source Cart order statuses to proper Target Prestashop Store order statuses. Creating additional order statuses in Target Prestashop Store may be needed.
- Entities to Migrate: select all entities to migrate or just a part of them.
- Migrate recent data: if you choose this option, it will migrate new data only. Supposed you have just finished a full migration from your current Source store to Target store, after that Source store is still live and continue getting new data, and you want to get your Target store updated with the new data, select this feature to avoid starting over again.
- Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: if you choose this option, all current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared.
- Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEF urls of source will be preserved in Target Prestashop Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
- Transfer images in product descriptions to Target Store: download all images in product description into your store so that it won’t have to refer back to your source store or anywhere else for images.
- Preserve Customer IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Customer IDs for easier reference.
- Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference.
- Migrate Categories and Products SEO Urls: imports and keeps old Urls alive. This option is only available when “SEO Url plugin” is installed.
Step 3: Migration
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser of remove Source Cart Connector. Information shows in this step:
- Source cart: source cart base url you have entered in Step 1, this url will be registered with your license.
- Entity limit: the limit associated with your license. To change this value, you need to upgrate/purchase another license code.
- Tips slider: handly tips you should know
- Migration progress: show current progress
- Console: show debug information.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and Re-build Index” to finish. If you don’t want to run it right here or it returns false for any reason, you can do that manually in “Advanced Parameters > Performance > Clear Cache” and “Preferences > Search > Re-build the entire index”.
Advanced Parameters > Performance > Clear Cache
Preferences > Search > Re-build the entire index
When a problem occurring on the migration process, Prestashop Migration Tool provides the ability to resume the process:
- Automatically resume on the spot: the tool will automatically resume after a failure until all data is imported.
- Manually resume: you can refresh the page to go back to Step 1 and click on “Resume”, this is helpful when you want to temporarily stop migration and resume when you want to.
Access Advanced Configuration by going to Cart Migration > Configuration from Prestashop backend menu. All default values are configured to work with most cases, thus it is recommended to change these values only when it is necessary to.
- XXX Per Batch: Cart Migration splits each entity data into small batches (or chunks) and import them in turn. This option defines batch size to process in each turn. Depending on your Prestashop hosting resource you can change the values accordingly. The lower the value is, the less time and resource Prestashop spends to process a batch, also the longer overall time to import full data.
- Delay Time: the sleeping time between each batch. This option defines the “break time” for both Source Store and Target Store. It is also helpful to prevent Timeout issue if Source Store has been setup to limit the number of requests in a period of time.
- Auto Retry After: if by some reason, the batch process fails, the tool will automatically retry after a period of time defined by this option.
- Source Cart Database Prefix: Fill this in only in case your Source Cart does not support Table Prefix by default (e.g osCommerce), but has been customized to have Custom Table Prefix.
- License Key: license key associated with your product.
- Default data
Migrated data should be checked in Target Store backend because information displayed on frontend might go through filters, modifications by the store template which does not fully justify how the data was migrated.
- SEO Urls
How SEO Urls Plugin works: “Products and Categories SEO Urls Plugin” helps migrate Products and Categories urls. Old urls will be saved in Target Store and will be maintained to keep all current SEO ranking you have built up for years.
In most cases, you would likely have an old source store at : http://my-source-store.com and want to migrate your data to another location http://my-target-store.com , after that you want to put this store back to your old domain ( http://my-source-store.com ).
If you have used SEO Plugin to migrate old product and category urls over to target store, you can check the result by following these steps:
- Pick a product url ( or category url ) from your source store, example: http://my-source-store.com/troika-black-carbon-pen
- When this product (category) is migrated to your target store, it would likely a new url, example: http://my-target-store.com/troika-black-carbon-pen-new-url-123 . This url is auto generated by your new store platform and can not be changed. Type the old relative url on your target domain, example: http://my-target-store.com/troika-black-carbon-pen . This url should work and display the correct product/category, and would be identical to the new url (http://my-target-store.com/troika-black-carbon-pen-new-url-123).
- When you replace the source store with your new target store, this link (http://my-source-store.com/troika-black-carbon-pen) will be maintained and can help preserve search ranking. Please note: along with it, the new link (http://my-source-store.com/troika-black-carbon-pen-new-url-123) will also be available.
- Customer Password
If you have Customer Password Plugin, after migration, customers can immediately use their old passwords to login in the new store, without the need of resetting or any further action.
- How to stop/resume a running migration process?
- Hit F5/refresh the current page ( Step 3 ), it will go back to Step 1. This will stop current migration process. A button “Resume” will now show on this page.
- Hit “Resume” to continue migration from the last point.
- Product import stops permanently at some specific point, how to resolve?
Cause: php execution time too low
- Stop current migration process
- Go to Cart Migration Configuration, change value “Products per Batch” to a lower number (1 or 2 for best safe), save and try “Resume” migration.
- If it still can not go through, stop migration process again
- Increase you server php max_execution_time value, try “Resume” again.
- At step 2, the tool can not read my mapping data?
Cause: migration tool can not read your source store database
Solution: check Cart Migration Configuration and ensure you enter correct table prefix for your source database
- Can the tool migrate customer passwords?
The tool can migrate passwords with “Customer Password Plugin”. This is a special plugin which adds the ability to read passwords encrypted by source stores to Prestashop. All passwords are migrated over and remains encrypted, customers can login to the new shop right away without the need of resetting passwords. “Prestashop to Prestashop” tool does not need this plugin.
For “Prestashop to Prestashop”, you have to some more steps to get customer password work properly:
- open config/settings.inc.php, find this line: define(‘_COOKIE_KEY_’, ‘xxxxxxxxxxx’); , replace it with the value from our Source Prestashop.
- Once the _COOKIE_KEY_ is changed to match your Source Prestashop, you will not be able to login backend Target Prestashop, to fix this you can either:
- Reset the admin password
- Clear the table “employee” on your Target Prestashop, import the data from “employee” of your Source Prestashop ( the migration tool does not migrate this table ).
- Can the tool migrate products and categories old Urls to preserve SEO ranking?
“Products and Categories SEO Urls Plugin” helps migrate Products and Categories urls. Old urls will be saved in Target Prestashop Store and will be maintained to keep all current SEO ranking you have built up for years.
For us to create the plugin, please provide your source cart url, we will diagnose and create the plugin to send to you within 24 hours. There are cases which we also require FTP of your source cart.
- My Source Store has some custom data which I have manually added, can we migrate such data to my target store?
“Custom Fields Plugin” helps migrate custom fields from Source Store to Target Prestashop Store. This is useful in case customers have customized their store, for example: adding fields to database tables, and also want to migrate these fields into Prestashop Store.
For us to create the plugin, please provide FTP of your source cart, we will diagnose and create the plugin to send to you within 24 hours.
- More questions?
Please drop us a message at: http://litextension.com/contacts/
Or email us at: email@example.com
We are striving to get your questions answered within 24 hours.