If you are looking for quick, easy way to migrate data from your BigCommerce to Magento, BigCommerce to Magento Migration Tool should draw your attention. It allows you to migrate unlimited data from your BigCommerce store to Magento automatically with ease. The process is straightforward and requires no technical knowledge.
For Source Store:
– Please ensure you have the right privilege to login into your Source Store backend for creating API accounts.
Source Store can operate normally during migration as it requires a very limited resource for the process
For Target Store:
It is strongly recommended to backup Magento Target Store first.
– Target Store should be placed in a stable hosting or in localhost.
– It also must not block connection to Source Store.
– Webserver (mostly apache) should have full permission to write on /media folder.
* PHP Compatibility: PHP 5.3 or later.
* Magento Compatibility: 1.7 or later.
Required PHP extensions:
Required PHP configurations:
– memory_limit no less than 256Mb
– allow_url_fopen must be On.
After downloading the product zip file from our Store, please extract it into a folder. The module consists of Magento Data Migration .
2.1 Migration Tool Setup
This tool is a Magento Module which acts like a hub at Magento side to receive data and import it into Magento database. It can be installed just like all other Magento Modules, please follow our general Installation Guide: Click here
3. Plugins Setup
Plugins are purchased and setup separately into Magento Data Migration Module. They will provide additional functionalities to the tool. Normally plugins need to be customized and tweaked by LitExtension Team to fit customers requirements and will be sent to customers later on. There are a few types of plugin:
– Products and Categories SEO Urls Plugin: helps migrate Products and Categories urls. Old urls will be saved in Target Magento Store and will be maintained to keep all current SEO ranking you have built up for years.
– Custom Fields Plugin: help migrate custom fields from Source Store to Target Magento Store. This is useful in case customers have customized their store, for example: adding fields to database tables, and also want to migrate these fields into Magento Store.
– Customer Password Plugin: special plugin which adds the ability to read passwords encrypted by Source Stores to Magento. All passwords are migrated over and remains encrypted, customers can login to the new shop right away without the need of resetting passwords. “Zencart to Magento” and “Magento to Magento” tools natively support migrating passwords and do not need this plugin.
To install plugins just copy plugin files into the instructed folder inside Cart Migration Magento Module. New functionalities will be enabled.
4. Input Your License Key
License Key is an encoded string which comes with your download package. This key is needed to activate your Migration Tool.
1. After purchasing the product, please login to our store and enter “My downloadable products” section. Here you will find download link and license key for the download package.
2. Login your Magento Target Store backend, select Cart Migration > Configuration, and copy and paste your license key here:
Please login your Magento Target Store backend, select Cart Service Migration > Migration from Magento backend menu
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
Step 1: : Source Cart Configuration
Cart Type:Select corresponding source cart type (auto selected as BigCommerce)
Cart Url: BigCommerce store original url
API Key, Password: Created in section 2. SETUP
Step 2: : Migration Configuration
Root Category: the category of current Magento store to import all source cart categories into.
Product Attribute Set: select an Attribute Set which is used to import products, all necessary attributes in migration process will be created in to this set.
Languages Mapping: If your Source Cart is multilingual, corresponding languages ( or storeviews) should be available in Target Magento Store. You may need to create additional languages in Magento Store to avoid data loss.
Currencies Mapping: Assign Source Cart currencies to proper Target Magento Store currencies. Creating currencies in Target Magento Store may be needed.
Orders Status Mapping: Assign Source Cart order statuses to proper Target Magento Store order statuses. Creating additional order statues in Target Magento Store may be needed.
Entities to Migrate: select all entities to migrate or just a part of them.
Migrate recent data: If you choose this option, it will migrate new data only. Supposed you have just finished a full migration from your current Source store to Target store, after that Source store is still live and continue getting new data, and you want to get your Target store updated with the new data, select this feature to avoid starting over again.
Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: if you choose this option, all current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared.
Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEF urls of source will be preserved in Target Magento Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
Transfer images in product descriptions to Target Store: download all images in product description into your store so that it won’t have to refer back to your source store or anywhere else for images.
Preserve Customer IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Customer IDs for easier reference.
Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference.
Step 3: : Migration
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish. If you don’t want to run it right here or it returns false here, you can do that manually in System > Cache Management and System > Index Management.
6. Migration Resuming
When a problem occurring on the migration process, Magento Migration Tool provides the ability to resume the process:
1. Automatically resume on the spot: the tool will automatically resume after a failure until all data is imported.
2. Manually resume: you can refresh the page to go back to Step 1 and click on “Resume”, this is helpful when you want to temporarily stop migration and resume when you want to.
7. Advanced Configuration
Access Advanced Configuration by going to Cart Service Migration > Configuration from Magento backend menu. All default values are configured to work with most cases, thus it is recommended to change these values only when it is necessary to.
• XXX Per Batch: Cart Migration splits each entity data into small batches (or chunks) and import them in turn. This option defines batch size to process in each turn. Depending on your Magento hosting resource you can change the values accordingly. The lower the value is, the less time and resource Magento spends to process a batch, also the longer overall time to import full data.
• Delay Time: the sleeping time between each batch. This option defines the “break time” for both Source Store and Target Store. It is also helpful to prevent Timeout issue if Source Store has been setup to limit the number of requests in a period of time.
• Auto Retry After: if by some reason, the batch process fails, the tool will automatically retry after a period of time defined by this option.