Here are detail instructions for setup and perform demo migration from your own shopping cart to our our demo Sandbox Store.
Before we start, please note:
- Demo migration is completely free and used to test migration from your shopping cart to a preinstalled Sandbox Magento Store.
- This is demo migration therefore we limit the number of entities which can be migrated of Product, Category, Customer, Order to 10 as well as disable some extensive options.
- You have full privileges to delete your migrated data on this demo magento store, for any confidential reasons.
- If by some case the module does not work as expected with your Source Store, we can help you fix that, please“contact us“ to let us know your case, thank you !
1. Connector Setup
Download and copy Migration Connector into your store, please “download it here“. After finished please make sure Migration Connector can be reached at: http(s)://yourstore.com/magento_connector/connector.php.
For security, please open connector.php, find this very first line:
define('LECM_TOKEN', '123456'); And change "123456" to another string, this will be used to enter to form below ( Cart Token ) and act like "password" to prevent unauthorized data access to your store.
Please login to our Sandbo Magento Store:
The migration progress will go through 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Source Cart Configuration
- Cart Type: select respective source cart type
- Cart Url: source cart full url ( example: http(s)://yourstore.com/ , please do not include connector link)
- Cart Token: the token string which has been configured in connector.php
Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Root Category: the category of current Magento store to import all source cart categories into.
- Product Attribute Set: select an Attribute Set which is used to import products, all necessary attributes
in migration process will be created in to this set.
- Languages Mapping: If your Source Cart is multilingual, corresponding languages ( or storeviews)
should be available in Target Magento Store. You may need to create additional languages in Magento
Store to avoid data loss.
- Currencies Mapping: Assign Source Cart currencies to proper Target Magento Store currencies.
Creating currencies in Target Magento Store may be needed.
- Orders Status Mapping: Assign Source Cart order statuses to proper Target Magento Store order
statuses. Creating additional order statues in Target Magento Store may be needed.
- Entities to Migrate: select all entities to migrate or just a part of them
Step 3: Migration
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close
your browser of remove Source Cart Connector.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish. If you don’t want to run it
right here or it returns false here, you can do that manually in System > Cache Management and System >
After migration completes, you can check migrated data in backend http://demo3.litextension.com/magento_1/index.php/admin or frontend: http://demo3.litextension.com/magento_1/index.php
3. Sample Source Carts
In case you do not have your store online, you can try one of our existing demo stores with Connector already installed (Cart Token is “123456”):
4. Product Catalog and Full Documentation
Checkout our full migration catalog: http://litextension.com/shopping-cart-migration.html
Full Installation Guide: http://litextension.com/docs/magento-cart-migration-guide/