- Frontend Demo: http://litextension.com/ajax_login/
- Frontend Sandbox: http://sandbox.litextension.com/ajax_login/
- Backend Sandbox: http://sandbox.litextension.com/ajax_login/index.php/admin?user=demo
Refer to our Extensions Installation Guide and follow the installation steps.
After installation succeeded, you will see Ajax Login appears in the admin menu:
- Custom Attributes Manager
This allows you to create custom attributes for customers. Click Ajax Login > Custom Attributes Manager to start.
To add new Attribute, click “New Attribute”.
- In Properties tab:
- Attribute Code: unique attribute code
- Input Type: Data type of Attribute ( Text Field, Text Area, Yes/No, Multiple Select, Dropdown ).
- Values Required: Attribute is required or not.
- Input Validation: Enable/disable validation for this Attribute field when it is submitted in Registration form.
- Order: order of this field in Registration form.
2. In tab Manage Label / Options:
This is to enter options of this Attribute in case it supports predefined options (dropdown, multi select)
Manage Titile: Attribute title to display in each store view.
Manage Options: options titles in each store view.
Click “Save Attribute” to finish. You will see Attribute appears in Register form.
And in Admin backend:
And in User backend:
Ajax Login Configuration
Click Ajax Login > Configuration to start.
- In General section
- Enable Ajax Login: Enable/disable module on frontend.
- Enable Overlay: enable/disable Overlay ( a grey background when module’s popup appears)
Enable Overlay: Yes
Enable Overlay: No
- Position: the position of the Module’ popup on the .
Position: Below Login button
- Popup Effect: Popup scroll-in and scroll-out effect.
- Theme: theme style of the popup (Simple, Plastic).
- In Register Form section:
- Display Newsletter Subscription Section: enable/disable Newsletter Subscription on Register popup.
- Display Terms and Conditions: enable/disable Terms and Conditions on Register popup.
Login with Social networks Accounts
In the bottom sections, enter application ID and application key for each social network you want to integrate then choose Enabled: Yes.
Social logon icons will then appears in the Login Popup of Ajax login. Customers can use this functionality to login to website using their social accounts without the need of registration.
How to create Social network applications
Social network Applications are required in order to integrate the login functionality into the module. Each social network has its own method and tutorial to create an application. Please refer to the links below for detail:
Ajax Login supports global configuration parameters and we can use them to change the behaviour of Ajax Login.
You can find them in: System > Configuration > Customers > Customers Configuration.
In the Name and Address Sections:
- Show Prefix: show/hide Prefix in Register form.
- Show Middle Name (initial): show/hide Middle Name in Register form.
- Show Suffix: show/hide Suffix in Register form.
- Show Date of Birth: show/hide Date of Birth in Register form.
- Show Tax/VAT Number: show/hide Tax/VAT Number in Register form.
- Show Gender: show/hide Gender in Register form.
With Magento version 1.7 and later, we can enable/disable CAPTCHA, Ajax Login also supports this.
Enable CAPTCHA on Frontend: show captcha on Register Form and Password Recovery Form.